top of page

Burn Permits

  • Burn Permits cost $7 and are available for purchase at 

  • Also can be purchased at your local fire protection agency. 

  • Available for purchase online with a credit card or e-check. 

Do I Need a Burn Permit?


Burning yard debris in piles


Essential Agricultural and Prescribed Wildland (large projects)


Campfires less than 2' high and wide in Missoula County

NOTE: Recreational Fires Are NOT Allowed in Missoula City Limits

Obtain a Burn Permit:

Outdoor Burning Seasons:

General: March 1- August 31

(Until Fire Danger Closes General Season)

Essential Agriculture: October 1 - November 30

Prescribed Wildland: October 1 - November 30

More Outdoor Burning Information:

bottom of page